Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Still from Lucy Gray's blog

http://www.infinitethinking.org/

This site has numerous videos on how to implement the many web 2.0 tools that is available for educators to use in their classrooms with their students. As I was viewing some of the videos I was hit with this thought. Why is it that I, as an educator always thought that I was not 'smart' enough to do any kind of computer teaching in my classroom? I always thought that the 'experts' like the computer teachers were the only ones who were 'smart' enough to teach a lesson using computers or about computers. I have certainly debauched that thinking as I sit here at my laptop 'cruising' the Internet. I can honestly say that this is one teacher who is not scared to click a mouse and view the world at my fingertips. Thanks to all the teachers out there who are willing to step out of their comfort zone for the betterment of our students.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Rheda I join you in having no fear in this ability of joining the world through the internet.

Unknown said...

Good Day Rheda

Lisa Flett mentioned you may be coming for a visit. I look forward to seeing you. You have always provided a personal side this class, your perspectives of Aboriginal issues have taught me a great deal. At first I was a bit stand-offish in the application of technology with our First nations students but I reflected on the knowledge of the Elders and great leaders of the past. Technology is good if it does not deny an Aboriginal identity. The beauty of technology is that it is a blank slate ready to be transformed into any cultural identity. One can learn from it and also enrish any global culture. I want to collaborate with you on my project idea of broadcasting a radio station. feedback would be great.

trb740@mail.usask.ca

Rosalena Smith said...

Hi Rheda It is certainly interesting to meet up with you on our continous educational journey. We graduated together eleven years ago and here we are at another level. I want to thank you for all of your contributions because they are inspiring and full of information. I admire your ability to continue educational growth. I am continuing to struggle with technology but I am very determined to learn so that I can motivate and share my skills with others.

The important thing is not to stop questioning said...

Hello Rheda, I enjoyed reading your comments, they are extremely enlightening and thought provoking. Keep em coming!