Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lego Lady?

I thought it was rather amusing for me to try to find the answers in under five minutes, but I was able to find the first one without a hitch. But, as for the second lego lady, I was stumped. I kept going back to the same site and I was not sure if the answer was what I thought it was, until I ran out of patience and tested the answer. Sure enough, it was the right answer.

I also like the soccer challenges. I was able to find the right words and its' matches. I enjoyed that activity.

As for my own learning, I was not surprised to read that there are many hoaxs or bogus sites on the net and that we should make our students aware of them. I am finding that the school filtering system does it itself anyway. There are so many sites that our school computers block. I can't view any utube videos unless a certain flash player is downloaded and I can't download anything to the school computers because I am not the administrator. So much for teaching my students about internet fallacy!

1 comment:

Cheryl Morin said...

As far as the key word games go I have alot to learn. Yes, they were fun but you sure had to understand the directions to play. ESL learners have trouble at the best of time comprehending direction(s).
This is where it is so important to have teachers who can truly communicate with the students in their own language, hey, like you!
How do you communicate the new tech. terminology in Dene when the work is so new in English?

Once I knew what was expected in soccer challenge, it was like I had special glasses on that could see the important terms and blurred the junk, but it took alot of patience and effort on my part. It did become frustrating when my laptop shut down twice, something about quicktime not working.

For the lego lady activity, I could see alot of poor readers not wanting to sift through the number of sites on each page. I didn't do very well here. I gave up because my laptop needs more ram and I need to buy the gadget first when I get to a bigger town.
I like the new name of your blog. What was your 'a ha moment' when you decided to change it from the first one?