Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How do educators respond to the megatrends and changing global dynamics and forces?

Again, I'd like to say, how can educators change their teaching practises when some schools do not have the funds for "megatrends" and "changing global dynamics"? Our school in Dillon, and I'd like to include other First Nations schools I have taught at, does not receive nearly enough money to upgrade their computers and other equipment necessary to keep up with the times. Our geographical locations also does not allow for any advance in the everchangine global dynamics. I admire classrooms where teachers have access to computers and interactive whiteboards, when all we have are good old green chalkboards and computers that have seen many years. The internet service providers do not even know that there are people who live in these remote communites, yet. We do not have cellelar coverage in our areas too. Am I responding to the megatrends as an educator?

No comments: